Moving to the Cloud: Practical Steps for Manufacturers
Moving to a Cloud-Based ERP
The need for manufacturers to simultaneously innovate and grow requires state-of-the-art technology. Businesses are turning to cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) with SaaS ERP as the answer to scalability challenges.
Reliable, fast, and accurate ERP solutions can relinquish hosting responsibilities and foster cloud deployment and management. The results are reduced costs and increased revenue.
There are a wide variety of advantages to using cloud-based ERP systems, including:
- Rapid updates and upgrades
- Lower up-front and operating costs
- Rapid implementation
- Focus on core competencies
- Improved accessibility, mobility, and usability
- Improved system availability and disaster recovery
- Cost transparency
- Sales automation
- Security standards and compliance
Cre8tive Technology & Design is your partner in cloud ERP migration and we will help you improve your operations with the efficient, global-ready Epicor ERP. Whether your business is large or small, we’ll help set you up on the path for success with a seamless transition.
Cloud ERP vs. On-Prem ERP
Cloud ERP solutions and on-premise ERP systems have a few key differences, the main one being maintenance. Businesses with On-prem ERP generally maintain software and hardware and incur costs supporting core infrastructure. Cloud-based ERPs are agile systems that let you focus on your needs, instead of administrative functions.
Those who use on-prem ERP systems almost certainly need to purchase or outsource servers, operating systems and databases, and pay for IT professionals to take care of the upkeep. This includes updates, antivirus software needs, and additional backup. In contrast, cloud-based ERP systems entail an effortless software update process and require little IT involvement from your teams.
At Cre8tive Technology & Design, we can help you refocus on your business production, removing the need for extensive oversight. Epicor is not only efficient (guaranteed 99.5% uptime), but its infrastructure is also extremely secure. Take the logical step forward today with a cloud ERP that boosts your productivity and safeguards information.
Cloud ERP Implementation
Work with us to create your Epicor cloud ERP strategic implementation plan. Steps include:
- Building a business case that involves key decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Keeping your team and partners informed with complete transparency about changes.
- Finding internal “champions,” aka those who trust and support your cloud ERP investment.
- Setting up your team for success by planning, documenting and training with consistent check-ins throughout the implementation process.
- Getting help when you need it from a consultant.
Cloud ERP solutions are the most successful with complete organizational support. With your internal “champions,” explain the benefits and reasons why you are making changes. They will help you communicate with your teams to earn trust and support from your entire organization.
Invest in Planning
Your strategic implementation plan relies on the described procedures to have a seamless integration of new tools and processes. Invest early to provide for an easy transition that will make your teams feel comfortable and give them the ability to succeed.
Find a Partner
A qualified cloud ERP consultant will help you understand how to effectively move from your old technology to the highly-functional Epicor ERP. Choose a partner that has vast experience and a proven track record working with businesses in your industry.
Contact Cre8tive Technology & Design
Discover your new manufacturing capabilities through a proud partnership with Cre8tive Technology & Design. Our cloud ERP experts have assisted businesses with cloud ERP implementation in the aerospace and defense, engineer to order, furniture and woodworking and general manufacturing industries. Drive your business growth today and contact us for more information.
- Technologies that Will Drive the New Now
- The Usefullness of Dashboards within the ERP
- Steps to Take to Prepare for CMMC Compliance
- Cre8tive Technology & Design Named One of Bob Scott's Top VARs for 2020
- Aerospace & Defense CMMC Compliance Through ERP Solution
- Challenges and Advantages of Machine Learning in Manufacturing Industry
- En route to Smart ERP Solutions