Cycle Count Customization – Delivered to Customer
Standard EPICOR 9 cycle count is a very stringent process, with many complex steps. The customer requires the ability to create a cycle count “on the fly”- a single user selects the count schedule, adds parts by part class, warehouse, or zone, generates tags, prints tags, and starts the count all as a continuous process. Close adherence to standard functionality is required, for the completed cycle count must use the standard Tag Entry transaction and Variance report.
Per standard E9 process, cycle count is a complex procedure that involves the following actions:
- Configure ABC Codes
- Configure Cycle Count parameters on Plant Configuration Control
- Configure Cycle Count parameters on Warehouse Maintenance
- Configure Cycle Count parameters for the Part Master
- Create Cycle Count Schedules
- Cycle Count Part Selection Update to include additional parts not selected on the previous step
- Manage the Count Cycle / Create tags and update Cycle status
- Record results of the cycle using the Count Entry form
- Enter Discrepancy Reason Code Entry
- Post Cycle Count
The main objective of this customization is related to the count selection criteria (step 5). This customization allows the user to able to select multiple parts to be counted manually by Part Class, Warehouse and Zone. This functionality will be available on the existing Cycle Count Part Selection Update form.
The User will have the ability to schedule on the fly by using the standard Cycle Count Maintenance functionality.
Note: A part can only be only on one active cycle at the same time. This is a system restriction that cannot be bypassed
Note: Configuration of standard functionality plays a critical part in the success of this customization. Special attention should be paid to the pre-requisites, as they have required values for the customization to work properly. It is suggested that a count schedule be created per month, with the number of cycles equal to the number of days in the month. This is not a requirement, but will assist in being able to count on demand.
A new selection criteria section was added to the Cycle Count Part Selection Update. User selects a Part Class and/or Warehouse and/or Zone to include all parts grouped/allocated on these categories to the Cycle Period loaded.
- If a Part Class is selected, all parts within the part class will be added to the Cycle Count
- If a Warehouse is selected, all parts within the warehouse will be added to the Cycle Count.
- o On Hand Qty will not be considered
- If a Zone is selected, all parts contained on the Warehouse zone will be included.
- Parts that are already included on a different active Cycle period will not be included even if they are under the selected Part Class / Warehouse or Zone.
- o If user wants to include a part that is on a different cycle period, the standard Move Selected functionality will be used. (Standard functionality)
- Parts cannot be kit type and must be quantity bearing.
- Parts must be valid for the cycle count warehouse
- Parts that are already assigned to an active cycle count cycle will not be included
- Configuration is specific
- ABC code must have frequency of 1
- Part/Warehouse must have manual ABC selected, use the ABC code with frequency of 1, have override frequency set to true, and frequency = 0.
An action menu was added to Generate Tags. This launches Cycle Count Maintenance, where the user sets Cycle Count status to “Started” and begins the process.
Cycle Count Schedule Maintenance
Cycle Count Part Selection Update
Cycle Count Part Selection Update
Count Cycle Maintenance
Count Cycle Maintenance 2