Challenge #3: Implementing and Adopting Machine Learning
Welcome back to our series on the challenges and advantages of machine learning in manufacturing. Today we take a deeper look into implementing and adopting machine learning. This initial hurdle prevents many manufacturers from gaining the long term benefits of machines that make the most of cutting edge artificial intelligence.
Why Should I Adopt Machine Learning?
Don’t let your apprehension about the unknown prevent you from keeping up with competitors, or becoming an industry leader.
Machine learning (ML) tactics can futureproof your business. ML can help you improve operational efficiency, improve quality assurance, reduce waste, improve product design and more. By implementing machine learning, you are paving a path towards future success.
How do I Overcome this Challenge?
The early stages of implementation may look overwhelming, but can be overcome like many other challenges that you and your team has previously faced. Here are a few tips to make the machine learning adoption process easier.
- Identify how you want to use machine learning and why: There are countless applications of machine learning in manufacturing. Look to industry success stories and competitors to get a better understanding of how machine learning can revolutionize your business processes. Perhaps machine learning in additive manufacturing is for you, or ML to improve quality assurance or product design. Machine learning has already proven to be an outstanding solution for many manufacturers. There will be plenty of examples you can learn from if you take the time to research the role of ML in your specific industry space.
- Gain the support of senior team leaders: Even the most innovative ideas are unlikely to get off the ground without the support of senior management. Tackling this challenge together will make it more achievable. Clearly communicate your goals and reasons for investing in ML. Find out how various teams could benefit from machine learning implementation. Manufacturing automations, machine learning and artificial intelligence are likely to benefit multiple departments.
- Look to data: Take a look at the data you have and continue to gather more. Organize data for use. Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence that enables machines to improve as they learn. The more data you can feed your system, the better it will be able to serve you.
- Create a roadmap for implementation: Set achievable goals to work towards adoption of machine learning. Take time to gather data, budget time and set goals to ensure this project is a success.
- Work with a trusted partner: As a manufacturer, you are an expert in your business like no one else, and your insight will be invaluable as you implement ML technology. Machine learning is probably not your area of expertise, and you’re not expected to figure this out alone. Choose a partner you can trust to point you in the right direction, from figuring out the best use of machine learning for your business, to implementation.
Don’t let the challenges of machine learning in manufacturing get in your way; ensure you have an expert team to work with.
Learn More About Implementing Machine Learning
Implementing machine learning doesn’t have to be a challenge, with the right partner.
CTND is here to ensure your machine learning implementation is a success. We’re Epicor ERP experts, with vast knowledge of machine learning in your industry; our clients include aerospace and defense, engineer to order, furniture and woodworking and general manufacturing companies.
Overcome the challenges of machine learning in manufacturing with our team. Contact us today to get started.
- Technologies that Will Drive the New Now
- The Usefullness of Dashboards within the ERP
- Steps to Take to Prepare for CMMC Compliance
- Cre8tive Technology & Design Named One of Bob Scott's Top VARs for 2020
- Aerospace & Defense CMMC Compliance Through ERP Solution
- Challenges and Advantages of Machine Learning in Manufacturing Industry
- En route to Smart ERP Solutions
- Cre8tive Named Epicor 2021 Global Partner of the Year