Auto Job Closing Process: Epicor ERP Custom Software Solution
Within Standard Epicor Software the user has the ability to automatically close jobs, using the Auto Job Closing Process. Any job that falls within the thresholds defined on closing codes used in the Epicor application is automatically closed. Any jobs that fall outside these thresholds fail to close. Any jobs that aren’t closed can be viewed through the Job Closing Exception Tracker. The user can use this tracker to determine why the job did not close properly. This Auto Job Closing process is very restricted when it comes to filtering which Jobs to include, the standard process can only filter the Jobs by plant.
A custom software solution has been created to add new restrictions for the closing procedure without overriding the standard business logic used to mark a Job as a candidate for auto-closing unless specified. The Job Closing program has been modified to include additional criteria for determining that a job is a candidate for Auto-Closing. These conditions are:
- Add a new customizationwhich allows the job completion and job close dates of each job to be specified during the process as follows:
- Added an additional custom date field to the Auto Job Closing Process screen on the Selection tab, under the Report Options section. For all jobs meeting the job closing criteria, use the date entered into this new field to populate the JobHead.CompleteDate and the JobHead.ClosedDate fields as each job is closed during the process.
- Removed the following standard behaviors:
- A criterion that requires that the last operation of the job’s bill of operations be complete for the job to be eligible for completion/closing.
- A criterion that requires that an estimated cost is available for every operation on the bill of operations.
- A criterion that requires that an estimated cost is available for every material on the job bill of materials.
- Add a requirement so that the job can only be completed/closed when all make-direct material has been issued to the job.
- See Auto Job Closing parameters.
Screen is displayed.
Type in a name for the log file, select the dates.
See Log file.
Job1 is not closed.
Job2 is closed.
Job3 is closed.
Job4 remains open as Make direct materials have not been issued.
Job5 is not closed.
Receive Job1 to inventory.
Run Auto Job Closing Process.
See log file.
Job 1 is now closed.
- Technologies that Will Drive the New Now
- The Usefullness of Dashboards within the ERP
- Steps to Take to Prepare for CMMC Compliance
- Cre8tive Technology & Design Named One of Bob Scott's Top VARs for 2020
- Aerospace & Defense CMMC Compliance Through ERP Solution
- Challenges and Advantages of Machine Learning in Manufacturing Industry
- En route to Smart ERP Solutions
- Cre8tive Named Epicor 2021 Global Partner of the Year