- 3 April 2015
Standard Epicor Software comes with a large variety of reports and dashboards that the user can access to review past (A historical view of transactions like the ‘Part Transaction History Tracker’), present (any report that shows current information or the status of an operation), and future (Planning/Scheduling) information. Different reports are available depending on the packages and modules installed with the Epicor software.
Additionally, the user can create BAQs that can pull and display information from different tables and obtain information that is either; not available in the standard reports, or cannot viewed easily in a single report. It is a common request from customers that custom reports are created. An example is a report that summarizes costing information with additional Job details. A custom software solution was developed by Cre8tive Technology & Design which involves the creation of a BAQ report in SSRS.
The report options and filters include:
- Transaction Date Range: Used to query the transaction tables. This is a required filter.
- Job – Look up: Only 1 job number can be selected.
- Project – Look up: Only 1 job number can be selected. This is a required filter.
Several columns requested by the user were added, including:
- Project ID
- Project Description / Name
- Job Number (linked to the project)
- Part Description
- Drawing #
- Material Costs
- Labor & Subcontract values
- Freight Charges
- Total Costs
- Some UD fields required by the users
The Project Recap with Job Detail report is deployed using the Menu Maintenance tool and is ready to run:
1. Launch the Project Recap with Job Details report. Report form displays:
2. Attempt to execute the report without a Project selected:
3. Attempt to execute the report without a Date Range:
4. Select a date range and a valid Project ID and click ‘Print Preview’. Report is displayed. All jobs linked to the Project ID with transactions on the date range specified are listed:
5. Go back to the Report form and select a valid Job Number. Report is displayed. Only the indicated Job is listed on the report:
This custom report gives the accounting department visibility of the Project Recap with Job Detail. Several fields and pieces of information that would normally require different forms and/or reports to be monitored can now be reviewed in a single report and filtered via Project/Job/Date Range.
Follow previous postings on https://www.ctnd.com/blog/